Wednesday 24 August 2011

First Blog

As this is my first blog and I'm just learning the ropes I hope you all go easy on me. I feel after the events of the past week my first post should be about new signings from USA and the stir caused by Mr Carlos Bocanegra. Now not Carlos or Rangers themselves caused this, but a certain club across the other side of the city and there constant hate of everything Rangers did. Nk Maribor picked up on rumours from the dark side that maybe Bocanegra hadn't been properly registered for the 1st leg tie in Slovenia and put in an official complaint to UEFA. Today however, Uefa have said that Rangers have no case to answer and that everything was done according to the rules.


Now Celtic fans, can I ask you what is your motive against Rangers? You are concentrating on everything we do and shout about how p*sh we are. When your own club have won 2 domestic trophies in 2 years and coming of the back of an embarrasing home defeat to St Johnstone, shouldn't you be looking and worrying about matters a little more close to home? This week fans of Celtic have written to UEFA to complain about the same matter involving Bocanegra when they have a tough tie in Switzerland to get through, but again all there focus and effort seems to be towards The Rangers. In some ways you pity them, and it is quite sad. Their own Messiah Neil Lennon is even having a go at them for there abuse at players and says he's sick of it. Anyway my point in this here, is to say to the Celtic fans, you deal with your own house before knocking on the doors of others and come back when you have won or achieved something worth shouting about.


On to Rangers' newest signing Alejandro Bedoya now. When I heard we signed Bocanegra I knew we were getting an established defender as I had seen him play a lot at Fulham. With Bedoya I know very little, I have see some good reviews from American press but never actually seen the lad play. He said this week if he could emulate half of what Claudio Reyna achieved he would be happy. Maybe the fans would to, and I hope he is a hit for us. Now that both players have sealed visa's we might see them on Sunday at Ibrox against Aberdeen, although I would predict Carlos will feature on Thursday against Maribor. That game might come to soon for Bedoya as I don't know how much training he's done, although with Naisy suspended and a depleted squad already he might make the Bench.


Last but not least our other signing from down under Matt McKay is not being so lucky with the required documents and might have to wait another week to make his Rangers debut. Matt is another player I had seen literally nothing of until Australia played Wales a few weeks back. On that game it looked like Mckay was a decent box to box midfielder with a good eye for a pass and hopefully adds an attacking edge to The Rangers and we rid ourselves of this defensive approach we have played the last few years.


To finish of my first post, I'm going to write a bit about Mr Craig Whyte. Over the last few months more and more were beginning to doubt if we had the cash at all, after the Goodwillie saga. What people weren't taking on board I don't think was what Ally and Whyte said at the start, Rangers will not be held ransom over any player and we have our price. Unfortunalety Stephen Thompson at Dundee United tried exactly that. And at the end of the day led us on a wild goose chase as he was never going to sell Goodie to us. In the end he moved to Blackburn Rovers and we moved on. Since then we have got all our first team regulars tied down to contracts and made some tidy additions in between. So in my opinion, opinion after a disappointing defeat to Malmo yes, we've only gone from strength to strength and heres looking forward to Ally making it 4 in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment